First Presbyterian Church CDC is a 5-star licensed center, in the heart of downtown Raleigh. We have a loving, dedicated team of teachers who have chosen this career due to their strong desire to impact children's lives during their most influential years. Our teachers are committed to providing long tenure and the most stability for teacher-child relationships.
We strive to provide fair compensation to our teachers: medical insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid days off (holidays and personal leave), sponsorship of the TEACH scholarship and bonuses, and nutritious meals provided during work hours. We provide a spectrum of professional development opportunities, including NC-aeyc membership and on-site training on the following topics: Infant/Child CPR, First Aid, SIDS reduction, Fire Safety, Preventing Communicable Diseases, Faith Development, and a wide range of teaching topics.
For more information, please contact: Eboni Brickhouse
Applications may be submitted by email, postal service, or dropped off at the center during regular business hours.
Current Job Openings
We are currently reviewing applications for Full-Time teachers. A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum educational requirement of an associate’s degree in early childhood education; B.S degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Experience working in a licensed childcare facility, leading a classroom as well as creating educational lesson plans
- Proven classroom management and knowledge of ITERS and ECERS
- Flexibility regarding hours and responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including the time management skills to handle multiple priorities and responsibilities
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills in order to work with Director, Assistant Director, center staff, children, parents, and prospective families with the ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Willingness to pursue continuing education to enhance professional growth
- Caring, compassionate demeanor and love for what you do
- Hold CPR/First Aid Certification
- Demonstrate proof of meeting health regulation requirements ( e.g., current vaccinations, TB test) and clear background check
We offer a very competitive and generous benefits package which includes but is not limited to health insurance, vision and liability insurance for all full time employees following their probationary period.
Please submit your resume to Eboni Brickhouse, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information about North Carolina education requirements: http://ncchildcare.nc.gov; section 10A NCAC 09 .0710 PRESERVICE REQUIREMENTS FOR LEAD TEACHERS, TEACHERS AND AIDES