First Presbyterian Church Raleigh values its members, from the littlest on up! Our commitment to children begins with our congregational promise at baptism to help raise a child to love God and neighbor, and continues on through nursery, Sunday School, and other programming throughout the year. Many, many committed and enthusiastic volunteers work each week in lots of ways to love, protect, teach, and guide the children of our church. We are working hard to build a faithful flock; come and join us!
- Sunday School for children age 3 to grade 5 (Sunday Mornings, 9:45-10:45 am, Stock Building, 1st Floor)- bible lesson, singing, crafts, and fellowship!
- Nursery for children birth to Pre-K (Sunday Mornings during both worship services, 8:30 and 11:00)
- Worship Bags for children to use during worship, which include craft sticks, drawing paper and crayons, a children's Bible, and a children's worship bulletin
- We offer children's church during the sermon for kids in kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grades.
- Pathfinders Program for children grades K-3 (Sunday Evenings, 5:00-7:00 pm)
- ROCK Stars Program for children grades 4-5 (Sunday Evenings, 5:00 - 7:00 pm)
- Vacation Bible School June 26-30, 2017 (register here!)
- Prayer partner program- A program where adults and children are paired to write prayer requests and notes of encouragement to one another in order to build a strong bond between generations within the church family.
- Special events throughout the year, including :
- Advent Festival- (The Sunday before Thanksgiving, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Memorial Hall)
- Annual children's Christmas pageant (first Sunday of Advent, 5:00 pm, Sanctuary)
- A family Christmas Eve service (Christmas Eve at 5:30 p.m. in the sanctuary)
- Easter Sunday Family Resurrection Celebration (Sunday school hour, various areas of the church)
- much more!
For additional information on our events, including our weekly calendar, please contact Katy Schafer, Director of Children and Family Ministries (email@example.com) or 919.821.5750.